Personalized medicine for better outcomes
Personalized medicine, also referred to as Pharmacogenetics, is the practice of using an individual’s genetic profile, along with physical and environmental characteristics, to more accurately prevent, diagnose or treat disease, illness, pain or behavior.
With a simple, noninvasive swab of the mouth, we are able to assess an individual’s metabolism and ability to process medications to determine the best therapeutic approach. The results allow a tailored treatment plan and increase the likelihood of effective outcomes.
Safer, more accurate prescriptions
Pharmacogenetics ensures that patients receive the most effective medication and dosage based on their genetic profile. ViaQuest’s personalized medicine program benefits patients and their loved ones by:
- Improving quality of life, allowing patients to be more alert and engaged
- Providing more opportunities for quality time with loved ones
- Reducing drug interactions and possible side effects
- Eliminating the guesswork in prescribing the best medications and dosages for patients
- Reducing risk of falls, nausea and diminished quality of life due to medication complications
- Reducing hospital readmissions